Hello all,

I have, what it seems to be a tricky problem: I want to print several copies of
a document - a huge one -, only changing a field saying for instance FIRST on
all the pages of the first print, SECOND on the second, and so on... The number
of copies is a parameter to the RPG programm.

Can you pleaaseee help me? :))

Thanks

Ricardo Alves
______________________________

After making 1 copy of your report run this in CL that run the RPG.

Well here is an option that works with all printers...   Using PRTTXT on your
spool file this prints on the bottom of your report.

                         Override with Printer File (OVRPRTF)

Print text . . . . . . . . . . . PRTTXT         *JOB

First create the spoolf without text....

use CPYSPLF  to take it to a physical file  with *FCFC

                           Copy Spooled File (CPYSPLF)

 Type choices, press Enter.

 Spooled file . . . . . . . . . . FILE          SPOOL
 To data base file  . . . . . . . TOFILE         SPOOL
   Library  . . . . . . . . . . .                  QTEMP
 Job name . . . . . . . . . . . . JOB            *
   User . . . . . . . . . . . . .
   Number . . . . . . . . . . . .
 Spooled file number  . . . . . . SPLNBR         *ONLY
 To member  . . . . . . . . . . . TOMBR          *FIRST
 Replace or add records . . . . . MBROPT         *REPLACE

                            Additional Parameters

 Control character  . . . . . . . CTLCHAR      > *FCFC

Override the splf....

OVRPRTF FILE(SPOOL) PRTTXT(FIRST)

 CPYF       FROMFILE(QTEMP/SPOOL) TOFILE(SPOOL) +
              MBROPT(*ADD)

DLTOVR *ALL

Override the splf....

OVRPRTF FILE(SPOOL) PRTTXT(SECOND)

 CPYF       FROMFILE(QTEMP/SPOOL) TOFILE(SPOOL) +
              MBROPT(*ADD)

The other way that will works is to use Overlays on AFPDS printers.