  • Subject: Re: AS/400 Application Recovery Services
  • From: "alan shore" <SHOREA@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 09:44:27 -0400

We use a company called Sungard for ALL our disaster recovery (UNIX boxes,
mainframe, network, AS/400 etc.) We go through disaster recovery tests at least
once a year for ALL our systems, not necessarily ALL at once. Needless to say,
the system that provides the least amount of problems is the AS/400. However,
saying that, I discovered with the last test that security access controlled by
authorization lists was NOT applied, and according to IBM, this is how it
should work. IBM then supplied me with a method/procedure that I need to
implement. We were just fortunate (?) that this was not a problem with prior
tests.
 As I've been told that this IBM supplied method/procedure is low on the totem
pole, I will have to continue using the work-around that I formulated at the
time of the last disaster recovery tests.
The data center of theirs that we use is in Philadelphia.
Please note, I am in no way connected with Sungard. Just trying to help
Their sales rep can be reached @
Lisa Beers 480 367-4138
7499 East Paradise lane
Scottsdale AZ 85260

>>> <joycej@us.ibm.com> 07/12 1:45 PM >>>

Are there any users who have disaster recovery plans in place for there
critical applications on the AS/400?  Do you know
know of anyone who provides disaster recovery services for applications on
the AS/400 or if such services are provided?
My AS/400 resides in Southwest Texas and this area is prone to Hurricanes
this time of year.  If such a thing happened, I
would like to send our Admin person along with the backup tapes and restore
them to another AS/400, provide a limited
number of our customers (all over the US) with access so that they could
continue with limited services.

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Joyce