>A user is signed on to as400( let say ASDEV) using client access and if
>user clicks key F2, i want to open up another as400 client access window
>(its a different as400 box, lets day ASPROD).
>
>It should automatically signon and call the program on ASPROD box.
>
>What do you guys think???. Please advice.

Gade

     I have just seen the above question plus numerous answers but so
far, no-one has come up with the obvious answer (to me neway !).

Have a look at TNAPI - http://www.as400network.com/resources/code/shareware
see under 5250 emulation.
This is a fantastic program will allows u to start a telnet session dynamically.

'TNAPI can be used to run interactive jobs in a batch environment. It
establishes a VT100
 telnet connection with the AS/400 and allows you to send keystrokes to the
application
 and receive the resulting screen as data.'

All you need to do is write a script program to signon/set libl/run program
which simply calls this api each time.
Impressive eh ?

Mike