  • Subject: Re: PDM/SEU
  • From: dhandy@xxxxxxxxxxx (Douglas Handy)
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 00:59:21 -0400

Dean,

>Carrying around a "tool
>belt" would _BREAK_ most independent contractors.

One copy of CODE/400 isn't *that* expensive.  And it may get cheaper;
we'll have to see.

Actually, I find it kinda ironic that the first thing every carpenter
turned contractor needs is a shiny $25K pickup, not to mention a horde
of tools.  And they work for much less per hour.

Hanging out a shingle as an independent programmer is actually kinda
cheap, even if you have to buy a small AS/400.

>The "power Mitre box"  would generate code unmaintainable by the in-house
>staff.

I'm not talking about bringing along AS/SET or COOL-2E or even PRO-GEN
or whatever.  Why is it harder to maintain code which I wrote using
CODE/400 or Flex?  How can you even tell?

Doug