  • Subject: RE: PDM/SEU
  • From: "Leisk, Andrew" <aleisk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 12:54:26 -0500

Title: RE: PDM/SEU

Choice of editors is very very personal - just like saying which car is the better buy.

But having said that let me weigh in for just a moment on the side of Code/400.

What does code/400 do that I like.
1.  On this little tiny 13' screen that Ive got I can see 37 lines of code at once - do that on any green screen!
2.  I can automagially flip into an "indented" mode to check for matching if/endif or do/enddo combinations.  That really is a help for me in both RPG/III and in RGL/IV.

3.  It does know all about columns - the various columns are in different colours.  I know when I am in the op-code or the factor 1 or the factor2 or what ever.  And yes it does allow prompting on various 'specs'

4.  The copy and paste can be either on a line by line basis as in any other pc progam or - and this is the only one I know of - I can choose to copy paste blocks (columns) just as in SEU.

But just because I like it doesnt mean everyone will.   This is like arguing religion or politics - we will NEVER satisfy everyone with one single product.  The good news is if you like SEU then keep using it!!  If you want to try something else then do that.

It used to be that on an AS/400 we were stuck with SEU - now we have a choice - not all of us need use only the one product any more - so why should we argue.  Let each of us use the product of our choice.