Right.  With a system default of MDY then *loval isn't '0001-01-01'.

I wonder if someone before you set the old system's default to ISO so the
program used to work, but with the new machine's as-shipped defaults the
new machine will belch fire and brimstone?

Jon's answers were right, but I'd add that I've found *JOBRUN to be
useful.  Also, there is no need to initialize a date field.  It knows what
it is.  (Unless you need *hival.. well then, yes.)
Booth Martin
booth@martinvt.com
http://www.MartinVT.com

dbryant@banpharm.com