  • Subject: RE: DOU/DOW for READ Loops (My final word)
  • From: Joel Fritz <JFritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 08:20:07 -0700

It's the switch statement; to stop execution with the true case you need a
break.  Nested else ifs work fine, but you do need to match up the curly
braces pretty carefully when you try to figure out what the code's doing.

I can't count the number of examples in both text books and after market
books on C that I've read that made promiscuous use of both break and
continue.

Like I said, nobody's perfect.  I was just trying to point out that RPG had
at least one elegant feature. <g>  Also, this isn't a "silly topic."  I'd
never post anything related to a "silly topic."  <VBG>