  • Subject: Re: Internally defined by key value?
  • From: Raul Jager <raul@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 09:47:39 -0400

This is part of a quite old (pre ILE era, converted) program that reads
a dual format logical file. The records are called REL2A and REL2B, the
READE finds both formats.  The keys are similar:

FCustomer  IF   E           K DISK
FNomRel2   IF   E           K DISK
FTabRelac  IF   E           K DISK
FCUST08    CF   E             WORKSTN
F                                     SFILE(LISTSFL:RECNUM)
D NclieP          s                   Like(Nclie)
D NclieAux        s                   Like(Nclie)
 *
IREL2A         01
IREL2B         02

C                   Eval      Nclie = NclieP
C     INICIO        Tag
C     NCLIE         CHAIN     CUSTOMER                           66
C  N66              MOVEL     NOMBRE        NOMUNO
 *  Inicializa los registros del SUBFILE
C                   SetOff                                       5556
C                   WRITE     LISTA
C                   SetOn
55
 *   Lee los clientes
Relacionados
C                   Clear
SEL
C                   Eval      RecNum =
1
C                   Eval      NClieAux =
NClie
C     NclieAux      Setll
NomRel2
C     1             Do        999           RecNum            4
0
C                   SetOff
0102
C     NClieAux      READE     NomRel2
71
C   71
Leave
C     NclieR        Chain     Customer
50
C   50              Move      *all'* '
Nombre
C     Krel          Chain     tabrelac
50
C   01              Eval      Relac =
RelInv
C                   WRITE     LISTSFL
21
C                   seton
56
EndDo

 *  Muestra los
clientes
C     Muestra
TAG
.
.
<RPG400-L@midrange.com>              eight.com
>                cc:
>           Subject:     Internally defined by key value?
>                     Please respond to
>                     RPG400-L
>

> I have a duel format physical file I need to open, and so am opening
> it as UP    F  (Update Primare, File Described).  In the I specs I am
> declaring one variable for the buffer.  In the D specs I am using ExtName
> for my file layouts, and basing that on my file.  All is fine and dandy.
>
> But... when I normally open files I also specify they be opened by Key,
> by specifiing the K.  I know that if I don't specify the K then the records
> will come in arrival sequence.  RPG won't let me specify K in a File
> described file.
>
> So, what do I do?  How do I get key sequence by a file described file?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jim Langston
<snip>
--