  • Subject: Re: MACPAC
  • From: Kmh0421@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 18:39:06 EDT

Hello to all. I have a 'unique' opportunity. I have a prospective client that
wants me to rewrite WSU MACPAC programs into RPGII/III - then they want to
use the Accelerator conversion programs to convert these programs from that
into 400 code. They have an 'Advanced System 400' as they put it, where it is
One AS/400, with Two boxes inside where they must DDM files between them. I
am still unclear about the whole story, but they do not want me to just write
AS/400 native code, they say it must go through this conversion process or it
won't work (I am still foggy on it).... I was wondering if anyone could
explain to me the part that I must be missing as to why I can't just write in
current code? Why they say I must rewrite the MACPAC WSU stuff first into
RPGII..... they said the files that are internally defined must stay that
way, and the files that are external must stay that way. I want to take the
project, I think, and they gave me 3 of the WSU program listings to look at,
and explained some of the 'J' specs... but I am not getting the whole
picture. If anyone can find an intelligent question in here to answer, please
help. They said to give them two quotes, one keeping the record 'rollback'
function, and one without it. I tried explaining about subfiles, and prompt
screens, and Options like '2' change detail, '4' delete, F6=Add, etc., but
they have not seen a subfile before. I met them offsite, so did not see their
system. I am confused. Well, thanks for reading this far, if you can shed any
light on any of this, I would appreciate it. First, I guess I have to find a
'WSU' book.... then............?ouch....
TIA;
Kathie