  • Subject: Re: FTP from PC to AS400
  • From: Jim Langston <jlangston@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 11:05:08 -0700

You can not connect to your PC from the AS/400 unless you have FTP
server loaded and running on your PC.  You can, however run the FTP client
(ftp.exe) from your PC to your AS/400, as long as you have the FTP service
running on the AS/400 (see my previous post about how to run FTP.EXE
instead of IE).

You can even browse to your SYSTEM32 directory, find the FTP.EXE file,
and double click on that.icon to run the FTP client.  Then you can connect
to your FTP server on the AS/400.  Just about every machine that has TCP/IP
has an FTP client installed automatically.  But, an FTP server needs to be
set up on machines, it is not usually installed automatically.

Regards,

Jim Langston

He who knows not, and knows that he knows not is asleep, wake him.