  • Subject: RE: Changing triggers
  • From: "Schlemme, Michael C." <mschlemme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 14:17:28 -0600

Title: RE: Changing triggers

Jim,

We use several methods for handling triggers.  One method uses a trigger on FILEA (not it's real name, HA HA).  The trigger program (RPGLE) receives the trigger buffer and sends the data to a data queue.  PGMA (RPGLE, not it's real name) is a never ending program waiting for an entry to arrive on the data queue.  One advantage to this method is you can start multiple PGMA's waiting on the same data queue.

Another method sends the trigger buffer data to a data queue being monitored by a never ending CLLE program.  The CLLE program receives the entry, looks in the trigger buffer information area, and calls the appropriate program to process the buffer based on the file name.

Still another method places the trigger buffer data from multiple files files into a single, keyed data queue.  Many different programs are waiting to receive data from this data queue.  The key to the data queue entry is the program name to process the entry.