  • Subject: Re: Query/400 to RPG program
  • From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 15:27:39 -0500

And then again you'll be attacked by the PC package replacement.  And
instead of designing decent join logicals in the first place you'll have
to go through jumps in the PC package to set up the links that basically
emulate a decent join logical.  As for me, I created a join logical like
the following for query usage:
      * ADDLFM FILE(MGR1499SID/ZDATAW) MBR(ZDATAW)
      *        DTAMBRS((SAFETYF/AUDIT (AUDIT))
      *                (SAFETYF/AUDITINCID (AUDITINCID))
      *                (MGR1499SID/LOCATION (LOCATION))
      *                (MGR1499SID/EMPNAM (EMPNAM))
      *                (SAFETYF/INCIDENT (INCIDENT))
      *                (SAFETYF/STATUSES (STATUSES))
      *                (MGR1499SID/EMPNAM (EMPNAM))
      *                (MGR1499SID/COMPNAME (COMPNAME))
      *                (SAFETYF/INCIDENTT (INCIDENTT))
      *                (MGR1499SID/EMPNAM (EMPNAM))
      *                (MGR1499SID/DIVISION (DIVISION))
      *                (MGR1499SID/EMPNAM (EMPNAM)))
      * Modification log:
      * 06/11/97 by R.Berendt, CCP      GDS, LLC
      *          Added field TAKEACTION from INCIDENT.  This field
      *          is the 'Action to be taken'
      *
                                            JDFTVAL
                R ZDATAWR                   JFILE(AUDIT AUDITINCID +
                                            LOCATION EMPNAM INCIDENT +
                                            STATUSES EMPNAM COMPNAME +
                                            INCIDENTT EMPNAM DIVISION +
                                            EMPNAM)
                J                           JOIN(1 2)
                                            JFLD(AUDIT# AUDIT#)
                                            JDUPSEQ(SEQUENCE#)
                J                           JOIN(1 3)
                                            JFLD(LOC LOC)
                J                           JOIN(1 4)
                                            JFLD(AUDITOR# EMPLY)
                J                           JOIN(2 5)
                                            JFLD(INCIDENT# INCIDENT#)
                J                           JOIN(2 6)
                                            JFLD(STATUS STATUS)
                J                           JOIN(3 7)
                                            JFLD(MANAGR EMPLY)
                J                           JOIN(3 8)
                                            JFLD(ENTITY COMP)
                J                           JOIN(5 9)
                                            JFLD(INCIDENTYP INCIDENTYP)
                J                           JOIN(8 10)
                                            JFLD(MANAGR EMPLY)
                J                           JOIN(8 11)
                                            JFLD(DIV DIV)
                J                           JOIN(11 12)
                                            JFLD(MANAGR EMPLY)
                  AUDIT#                    JREF(1)
                  LOC                       JREF(1)
                  LOCNAME                   JREF(3) RENAME(NAME)
                  LOCMGR                    JREF(3) COLHDG('Location' +
                                            'Manager') RENAME(MANAGR)
                  LMNAME                    JREF(7) COLHDG('Location' +
                                            'Manager') RENAME(NAME)
                  ENTITY                    JREF(3)
                  CMPMGR                    JREF(8) COLHDG('Company' +
                                            'Manager') RENAME(MANAGR)
                  CMNAME                    JREF(10) COLHDG('Company' +
                                            'Manager') RENAME(NAME)
                  DIV                       JREF(8)
                  CMPNAME                   JREF(8) COLHDG('Company') +
                                            RENAME(DESC40)
                  DIVNAME                   JREF(11) COLHDG('Division') +
                                            RENAME(DESC40)
                  DVMGR                     JREF(11) COLHDG('Division' +
                                            'Manager') RENAME(MANAGR)
                  DVNAME                    JREF(12) COLHDG('Division' +
                                            'Manager') RENAME(NAME)
                  DATEAUDIT      8S 0       JREF(1) +
                                            EDTWRD('    /  /  ')
                  DATAUDMM           I      SST(DATEAUDIT 5 2)
                  DATAUDDD           I      SST(DATEAUDIT 7 2)
                  DATAUDYY           I      SST(DATEAUDIT 3 2)
                  AUDITOR#                  JREF(1) COLHDG('Auditor')
                  AUDNAME                   JREF(4) COLHDG('Auditor') +
                                            RENAME(NAME)
                  DATEREPORT     8S 0       JREF(1) +
                                            EDTWRD('    /  /  ')
                  DATREPMM           I      SST(DATEREPORT 5 2)
                  DATREPDD           I      SST(DATEREPORT 7 2)
                  DATREPYY           I      SST(DATEREPORT 3 2)
                  SEQUENCE#                 JREF(2)
                  INCIDENT#                 JREF(2)
                  INCIDENTYP                JREF(5)
                  INTYPDESC                 JREF(9)
                  SHORTDESC                 JREF(5)
                  REGULATION                JREF(5)
                  ACTION                    JREF(5)
                  PENALTYAMT                JREF(5)
                  TAKEACTION                JREF(5)
                  STATUS                    JREF(2)
                  STATUSDESC                JREF(6)
                  PRIORITY                  JREF(2)
                  DATEDEADL      8S 0       JREF(2) +
                                            EDTWRD('    /  /  ')
                  DATDEDMM           I      SST(DATEDEADL 5 2)
                  DATDEDDD           I      SST(DATEDEADL 7 2)
                  DATDEDYY           I      SST(DATEDEADL 3 2)
                  DATECLOSE      8S 0       JREF(2) +
                                            EDTWRD('    /  /  ')
                  DATCLOMM           I      SST(DATECLOSE 5 2)
                  DATCLODD           I      SST(DATECLOSE 7 2)
                  DATCLOYY           I      SST(DATECLOSE 3 2)
                  COMMENTS                  JREF(2)
                  DOCID10                   JREF(2)
                K AUDIT#

sraisor@earthlink.net on 02/25/2000 03:18:45 PM