  • Subject: Re: H-Spec RPG IV Option PTF
  • From: dhandy@xxxxxxxxxxx (Douglas Handy)
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 13:39:25 -0500

Patrick,

>I have since changed jobs, but the new job is running V3R2, like I was
>earlier when I experienced the problem. Can anyone direct me to the
>correct PTF number so that the compiler will recognize the above
>statement. I recall that the editor still did not like the syntax of the
>line, but it would compile. I solved the editor issue by issuing a /copy
>command for the offending lines.

The original posting by Barbara Morris on Feb 10 1998, showed these
PTF numbers.  They may be superseded by now, but will get you in the
right direction:

PTFs are available for V3R2, V3R6, V3R7 and V4R2 that address the
problem.  Currently the PTFs only fix TGTRLS(*CURRENT) - the other
TGTRLS PTFs will be available soon.

         Compiler (product 57xxRG1) | Runtime (product 57xxSS1)
         -------------------------- | ------------------------
 V3R2    SF46001                    | SF45788
 V3R6    SF45749                    | SF45430
 V3R7    SF46327                    | SF46321
 V4R1    (use V3R7 compiler + PTF)  | SF46462
 V4R2    SF45191                    | SF45189

<end quote>

Note that this adds support for the H-spec keyword, but *not* the
command line option.  And like you already knew, it also does not
change the SEU syntax checking.  The /COPY method is the best approach
anyway.

Doug