Thanks Buck.  Appreciate the code samples, although I knew all that.
The point I was trying to make is that the RPG cycle and MR has limits like
everything I suppose.
One needs to understand the limitations which can only be done after one
understands the cycle.
To a newcomer it must be very frustrating to use the cycle, it really is
obsolete
but like a hand
operated brace and bit it still works, ( to a degree and don't try to drill
concrete).