You use the RPG cycle to do Maths. You read a Primary file check for control
breaks etc.
Boy thats a good trick. I'd love to learn that one then I'll eat humble pie.
No one taught me RPG, got it all out of the manuals over 20 yrs ago.
PS. as for maths I have a nice ARC- COSINE routine I done in RPG II 15 years
ago.