  • Subject: RE: End users answering messages--Was RE: Open Source discussion on e rror handling was: RPGIII/RPG
  • From: Colin Williams <colin.williams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 09:21:43 -0000

Thats not what I am suggesting.

I was trying to say that you should trap all expected errors and let
*PSSR pick up the rest.
Then if an error occurs you show your error display
"Error has occurred at statement ..blah blah blah, please report this
error to support dept etc,etc"
The program then exits in a controlled way, back to the previous program
or menu or whatever. It does not continue.
Then the user has the choice of reporting the error to you, trying
again, or getting on with something else.
But they do not get an OS/400 error message that they need to reply to,
because you catch all errors.