Unfotunately, I'm not to sure if you mean PHYSICALLY transfer your
programs, or to be able to use your programs.

If you are talking Physically, then there are a number of options, 1/4"
tape, direct link, via attached PC's etc.

If you are talking about using your programs, there are a number of levels
you can aim at.

     1.  S/36 Emulation on the AS/400.  I wouldn't recommend it, as you
don't get the advantage of going to an As/400, except for speed.  However,
it will mean you can continue to use your OCL, unchanged.

     2.  RPG II.  You can still use RPG II code, with only some minor
exceptions.  The biggest exception is MRT.  The rest are minor things that
you probably don't use.  If you compile your programs on the 400, you'll
find most will compile without a hitch, and the rest will most likely have
only minor problems.

     3.  RPG IV.  You can get to this via the standard command CVTRPGSRC.
This will automatically rewrite you code to RPG IV.  Because it is designed
to ocnvert RPG III to RPG IV, there could be some problems if you use some
of the exceptions I mentioned above, but, again, these should be minor.  Be
aware that RPG IV is very differnt to RPG II.  While I would recommend
going to RPG IV in order to benefit most from the 400, if you don't get
proper training on RPG IV you will get bogged down very quickly.

There may well be 3rd party software others can tell you about, but you
should find the AS/400 already has all you need in this area.

EER69@aol.com on 14/02/2000 15:37:05

Please respond to RPG400-L@midrange.com