  • Subject: Re: Y3K or not to Y3K
  • From: John Hall <jhall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 10:15:56 -0500

Based on what you have described so far I don't think you should change
to 8 digit dates.  If you are going to change anything it should be to a
True date type.  If not then leave it at 6 digits.  If there are no
prior dates to worry about then 8 digits gives you nothing over 6.
However Date type will give you access to date processing directly in
SQL, ODBC etc.

The question is when will this be a benefit to your client.  I think it
is a given that at some point the data will need to interact with other
computer systems.

John Hall
Home Sales Co.