  • Subject: Re: Why is there no value in GH0100?
  • From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 15:49:34 -0500

My initial reply as to why QUSRTVUS was going to be 'pointer fear'.
Something I need to get over.  Maybe an example of this, in this case.

In the FM there was a line that said
'If you are repeatedly accessing the contents of a user space and are
using an HLL that supports pointers, see "Retrieve Pointer to User Space
(QUSPTRUS) API" in topic 4.6; this API provides a pointer to the user
space for improved performance.  When you have obtained a pointer,
you use pointer arithmetic to access the contents of a user space.'

The link points to another API:
Retrieve Pointer to User Space (QUSPTRUS) API

Which has a link stating:
'Examples of the API are in "Examples" in the book OS/400 API Appendixes.'

This link contains some programming examples in other than ILERPG.

Now, since I've announced I have it working, overbudget, then I probably
won't have time to change it to pointers.  But, what the hey, I can only
stand so much Freecell during lunch.

Jon.Paris@halinfo.it on 02/02/2000 03:23:53 PM
Please respond to RPG400-L@midrange.com@Internet