  • Subject: Re: Configure network printer to A/S400
  • From: DAsmussen@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 18:16:51 EST

Phyllis,

In a message dated 11/24/99 1:49:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
KRZYS@brk.bfg.com writes:

> I have a 3-bin network printer.  I want to configure this printer to the AS/
> 400 and assign the 3rd bin as the default bin for form access.
>  I understand there are ways to define a printfile on the 400 to select a
> particular bin, but I am not going to change existing printfiles.
>  Does anyone have input for this question?

In the past, I've found that making bin 3 the default on the _printer_ is
easier than doing it on the AS/400.  Of course, that's tough when bin 3 isn't
what you want to use from the network -- then bin usage varies by how it's
attached and what sort of printer it is.  If you can't let bin 3 be the
printer default, e-mail me your setup offline and I'll see what I can come up
with...

HTH,

Dean Asmussen
Enterprise Systems Consulting, Inc.
Fuquay-Varina, NC  USA
E-mail:  DAsmussen@aol.com

"Life is like riding a bicycle.  You don't fall off unless you plan to stop
pedaling." -- Claude Pepper