  • Subject: RE: Batch Submissions from RPGIV
  • From: Scott Mildenberger <Smildenber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 07:49:11 -0700

John,

Here is a method to execute any system command using the C function 'system'
instead of QCMDEXC.  It makes for a lot cleaner code and allows you to do a
SBMJOB directly as shown below.  Just modify the command string to include
all your parameters and you are all set.  We are starting to use this method
to replace QCMDEXC in our programs.

h dftactgrp(*no) actgrp('QILE') bnddir('QC2LE')

d x               s              5i 0

d syscall         pr             5i 0 extproc('system')
d   cmd                           *   value options(*string)

c                   eval      x = syscall('sbmjob cmd(call web_purge)')
c     x             dsply

c                   eval      *inlr = *on
c                   return

Scott Mildenberger