  • Subject: Re: Cursor positioning
  • From: Frank Jodat <jodat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 08:37:43 +0100

Mauricio,

>        I'm itching to try your program out. I have included the above code
> but I'm still getting some fields not defined (APIERRDS, APIERRLEN,
> RTVFLDLOC).

Sorry for the inconveniences. ApiErrDs and ApiErrLen belong to the error
handling of the API. Here is a copy member for it:

D ApiErrDs        Ds                  Inz
D  ApiErrSiz                          Like( IntTyp   ) Inz( 272 )
D  ApiErrLen                          Like( IntTyp   )
D  ApiErrID                           Like( MsgIdTyp )
D                                1
D  ApiErrTxt                   256

Please substitute IntTyp with 10I 0 and MsgIdTyp with 7 A.

RTVFLDLOC is the name of the procedure. The prototype looks like:

D RtvFldLoc       Pr                  Like( LglTyp  )
D  QDspFil                            Like( QNamTyp ) Value
D  RcdFmt                             Like( NamTyp  ) Value
D  FldNam                             Like( NamTyp  ) Value
D  Row                           3P 0
D  Col                           3P 0

You can call the procedure like this:

C                   CallP     RtvFldLoc( QDspFil
C                                      : RcdFmt
C                                      : FldNam
C                                      : LinNbr
C                                      : PosNbr )

Regards,
Frank Jodat