Hi,

You can get such a string by the API like below. Sorry, this is an OPM
example.Of course you can do it by the ILE.

     H        1   Y/                                    1
     I            DS
     I I            0                     B   1   40MSKLEN
     I I            0                     B   5   80RCVLEN
     I I            0                     B   9  120INTLEN
     I I            0                     B  13  160PNTLEN
     IERROR       DS
     I I            0                     B   1   40BYTPRV
     I I            0                     B   5   80BYTAVA
     I                                        9  15 ERRID
     I                                       16  16 ERR###
     I                                       17 272 INSDTA
     C******************************************************
     C*             M A I N -  R O U T I N E
     C******************************************************
     C                     CALL 'QECCVTEC'                 :
     C                     PARM           MASK  256        :
     C                     PARM           MSKLEN           :
     C                     PARM           RCVLEN           :
     C                     PARM ' '       ZEROSP  1        ;
     C                     PARM 'J'       EDITCD  1        ;<=edit code
     C                     PARM ' '       SYMBOL  1        :
     C                     PARM 15        INTLEN           :
     C                     PARM 0         PNTLEN           :
     C                     PARM           ERROR            :
     C*                                                    ;
     C                     Z-ADD-1500000  WRK    150
     C*                                                    ;
     C                     MOVE *ZERO     EDIT             ;
     C                     MOVE WRK       EDIT             ;
     C                     CALL 'QECEDT'                   :
     C                     PARM           EDITED256        ;
     C                     PARM           RCVLEN           ;
     C                     PARM           EDIT   15        ;<==
     C                     PARM '*ZONED'  EDTCLS 10        ;
     C                     PARM 15        INTLEN           ;
     C                     PARM           MASK             ;
     C                     PARM           MSKLEN           ;
     C                     PARM           ZEROSP           ;
     C                     PARM           ERROR            :
     C*                                                    ;
     C                     MOVE *ON       *INLR            ;
     C                     RETRN                           ;

After you call the QECEDT, character field EDIT has 1,500,000- . (Would
you check it by the debager?)

And you better check the ERROR after you call the APIs. I didn't do it
in the example above.

Hope this help.

david@midrange.com
   > +---