  • Subject: Re: Web 5250 based forum
  • From: Pete <prmoore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 10:45:03 +0000

I'm not keen on HTML based-apps either, I meant 5250 (should be fast
with a dial-up modem).
You can put a java applet on the IFS, netscape brings up a signon screen
when you point your browser to the URL. I think it can be scripted, so
that perhaps it could auto-signon and present registration/authorisation
screen and then when you have a valid E-MAIL, user-id, password :

PRG010                                          Midrange Developers Network
                                                        24/09/99

Sel     Date            Time            Subject
        Sub.                                                    Lines
_       24/9/99 13:33   Free sources                                    Lucy
                                                12
_       24/9/99 14:45   Dynamic SQL                                     Joe
                                                15

                                                        Bottom
F6=New message   F4=Prompt Sel                  F17=Subset       <roll keys>