  • Subject: Re: RPG 400 code on the NET
  • From: Jim Langston <jlangston@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 11:42:44 -0700

I don't' think we want to do that, Paul.  If I use someone's code snippet
in a program I write, I want to be able to turn around and sell that
program.  Well, right now I'm working for another company, and we
are using everything in house, but others may want to sell their programs.

I have no objection to giving someone some code, they include it in
a program, then make a million dollars off it, more power to them.

What I think we are talking about here is making everyone's life
a lot easier by making us all reinvent the wheel.

The GPL license says that if you use that code in your program, you
can not then sell your program.

Regards,

Jim Langston