  • Subject: RE: More on Call or Bound Call
  • From: Buzz Fenner <bfenner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 09:13:59 -0500

Joep,

Yes, we do some new programming; it's not all maintenance.  And I do intend
to push towards RPG IV (albeit gently).  For example, I have already
written about 6 short no-brainer programs that the other guy in the shop
could modify with no problem if I weren't around to explain the different
syntax.  What I'm waiting for is an opportunity to spring some RPG IV
functionality on my boss that's not present in RPG III.  The concept of
local/global variables might sway him in the future.  Right now, if I could
numeric edit a character field (with numeric data, obviously) on a printer
file O spec, that may do the trick.  All in all, it will have to be a
gradual change; we all are afraid of what we don't understand.
Thanks for listening and any offers of whiz-bang code snippets would be
greatly appreciated!

Buzz Fenner
bfennerNS@jonesborocwl.org
Remove NS to reply

P.S. Your code is perfect?  I thought I was the only one who did that.