  • Subject: RE: TCP/IP Socket Select()
  • From: Chris Bipes <ChrisB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 08:02:58 -0700

John,

I have the following code posted on my personal web site.  You may download
and use as an example.
http://www.cableone.net/ckb62/tcpipsock.rpgle This is a module for
controlling the select read/write/except sets.  It emulates the "C"
functions that are given in the sockets programming book.  I create the
module in qusrsys and add into a binding directory in qusrsys named sockets.
This originally came from Scott Klement on the RPG400-L.

http://www.cableone.net/ckb62/tcpipsockp.rpgle This is the copy member with
the prototypes for the above module.  I reference this with a /copy
qusrsys/qrpgsrc.tcpipsockp.

http://www.cableone.net/ckb62/oerscks.rpgle This is my application which is
still in the testing phase.  I have connected to it with a couple of
interactive programs running on the same as400, but have not had any testing
over the wan.  Still waiting for the routers to be connected.

The server program should be able to handle up to 200 connections.  I still
need to add error recovery and the ability to start a new server when the
traffic warrants.  I am playing with the idea of submitting a new server
when over xx connections and ending the listening port.  The select function
works and should give you a good example.  Hope this helps.

Christopher K. Bipes    mailto:ChrisB@Cross-Check.com
Sr. Programmer/Analyst  mailto:Chris_Bipes@Yahoo.com
CrossCheck, Inc.                http://www.cross-check.com
6119 State Farm Drive   Phone: 707 586-0551 x 1102
Rohnert Park  CA  94928 Fax: 707 586-1884