  • Subject: Re: BrainStorming on changes/addtions
  • From: "End of the Trail" <endofthetrail@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 22:01:16 -0500

As long as we are compiling a wish list, I would like to see some sort of
%value function as in basic.  I have had call to design a screen field as
char for input accepting only numerics; then right justify, fill with zeros
and move it to a numeric variable to be used in the program's calcs.  I
could not find such a function.  The others seem to convert numeric to
numeric.  Basic, what I recall, was a value function that returns the value
of a char variable. It would save a couple of lines of code.  (I am able to
right justify and zero fill the char field using eval and subst then move it
to a numeric field).   Soooo....   Star light, Star bright, First Star I see
tonight, ....

Eurrat Saylor, Jr.
End of the Trail       endofthetrail@skyenet.net
Walkerton, IN