  • Subject: Re: RPG IV and CF-spec "keep it IBM"
  • From: Dave Mahadevan <mahadevan@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 15:19:54 -0400

Hans:

boldt@ca.ibm.com wrote:

> Originally, I did intend to support as many opcodes as possible
> in the CF-Spec.  But one of my internal reviewers, as well as
> feedback here, convinced me that that wasn't necessary, and was
> probably even a bad idea.  As a result, we drastically cut down
> the list of supported opcodes and added more new built-in functions.
> Now, even opcode MOVE isn't part of the design!  But for practically
> all the things not supported, there are clear and preferable
> alternatives involving expressions or built-in functions.

Since, CF specs are IN, would it be possible to allow the user to allow
using/calling his own procedures?

Also, some of the deficiencies in some of the opcodes (like defining dataarea
names to be contained in variables etc.) can be looked into on the CF?

Also, will file handling be possible on the CF?  Also QCMDEXC or execute some CL
statements would be fantastic?

Also, Monmsg type error handling in addition to the ones you are already
supporting using the system reply list?

Also, can we compile it with default error handling options?

--
Thank You.

Regards

Dave Mahadevan.. mailto:mahadevan@fuse.net