  • Subject: RE: RPG IV and CF-spec "keep it IBM"
  • From: "Bob Cozzi" <cozzi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 22:11:09 -0500

Scott,

I agree with you. Non-RPG programmers prefer C, C++, COBOL or Java in a lot
of situations. They also prefer free format syntax.
I have one disagreement, however, programmers right out of college with a C,
B or A average write crap code, period. It takes a few years to get into the
groove.

As for free-format RPG IV, I say if you're good at C or C++ or Java, then
use it on AS/400. The C compiler runs just a efficiently as the RPG IV
compiler. And hey, it is free format!

Bob Cozzi

http://www.RPGIV.com