  • Subject: RE: RPG IV and CF-spec "keep it IBM"
  • From: Chris Bipes <ChrisB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 14:19:14 -0700

I have the same problem.  It was bran spanking new and a week later the
announcement for RISC can out.  We are using the CISC AS400
9402-200/2030 for our Disaster Recovery site, mirroring transactions to it
and sending some live transactions to be processed.  I can, and has, handled
100% of our transactions.  But as we grow and develop more robust
applications, it is a pain to compile to V3R2 on the RISC box so as to not
use functions not available for that machine.  Sure would like to see all
rpg and CL functions ptf'd to V3R2.  Come on IBM development staff, don't
give in to your marketing department desire to force all the CISC to upgrade
to RISC when they don't need the performance gains.