  • Subject: Re: audit report
  • From: "Nelson C. Smith" <ncsmith@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 23:34:22 -0400

Yes, that's what I'm using.  The Declare Cursor, then Fetch next 10 records
into a MODS.

On further testing, my problem seems to be with the null indicator data
structure.  Apparently, some of those fields in QADBIFLD are not only null
capable, but actually contain nulls.  When I changed the MODS to bring in
all fields (by externally defining it against the QADBIFLD) instead of just
a few fields, I starting getting an error saying it REQUIRED an indicator
data structure for the nulls.

Unfortunately, I haven't yet been able to get the precompiler to accept any
form of indicator data structure I have tried to feed it.  According to the
manual it is supposed to just be a data structure of 4B 0 fields with one
for every field in the target file.  Also, the number of occurrances has to
match the externally defined MODS.  I just love that precompiler.