>Hi All,
>
>I posted this problem yesterday only but it got mixed up somewhere and so
I'm

,
>Rajeev.

Rajeev

In a word,   NO.    Look at it this way,   No matter which format name you
read from,  You did
two reads from that FILE name.    The same thing would happen if you read
from a
multi-format Logical file  like the following.

READ    LF_FMT1
READ    LF_FMT2
UPDATE  LF_FMT1
*ERROR

You cannot read from that file again and update the previous format name.
Period.
Thats the problem.

Sorry.

John Carr