 >> It does concern me that, even among people that use it alot they say they
only use it for 10% of their development because of the overhead.

Personally Rob I use it 99% of the time. You can hear the screams of agony a
mile away when I'm forced to use SEU. I have never heard this comment before and
have no idea as to what 'overhead' they mean.

 >> I've heard some people say that it lacks many features of PDM, such as
option 25-F13 to search multiple members and the ilk.

It has multi-member search, and a whole lot more. Can't think of anything in PDM
I use that it doesn't support other than a simple 'copy these sources to another
file'

 >> I've heard that if you come from a SEU background you can turn on the area
to the left to act like SEU.

Correct - in fact that is set on as the default now. There are a couple of
things that don't work fully - but you can always program them yourself!!

 >> It amazes me that after being out here for years that it still does not have
prompting for CL commands.  Perhaps it needs an online editing mode.

It does have prompting for CL commands, but it uses the 5250 session to do it.
The reason they don't do it (apart from it being complex) is that they could not
prompt for all the hundreds (thousands?) of commands you and sw vendors may have
added to the system without linking to the 400 anyway, so why not just use the
existing prompter. Which is just what they do.

 >> You don't suppose they would not support CL commands in RPG because Code/400
doesn't support command prompting?

No - nothing to do with it. There are multiple problems in doing this. Even CL
doesn't really compile the stuff - it just does an elaborate version of
QCMDEXC!! (or rather the other one which I can't recall that lets you handle
errors ;-).