From: Scott Klement [mailto:infosys@klements.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 1999 3:44 PM
To: RPG400-L@midrange.com
Subject: Re: RPG IV debugger

Wow, I almost hate to say this (I'll probably be boo-ed out of town)
but...

I actually prefer STRDBG to STRISDB.

It starts up a lot faster than ISDB, you can do things like DSPMODSRC
and ADDBKP from the command line...  you can add breakpoints on a
"condition" instead of just always breaking on a line, you can
type "eval X = 1" to set X to one during the execution of the program.

In both debuggers you can move the cursor up to a variable name and
hit F11 to see the value of that variable.   In STRDBG you can also
do it by typing "eval X".   And use F9 to bring back the last command
you type...

If you're trying to see the value of a variable for every instance
of a loop, moving the cursor back up and pressing F11 again is really
irritating.   Much easier to hit F9, ENTER.

Whats the big advantage to ISDB?   The "pulldown"-type menus?
I guess the colors are kind of handy... but not THAT handy]

IMHO, STRDBG is vastly superior to ISDB. :)

(you're not going to stone me for this, are you?)