  • Subject: Re: Using a display file in a batch environment
  • From: Buck Calabro/commsoft<mcalabro@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 15:47:50 -0500

>I know how to do a user control open
>on the display file, my problem, is that in
>its processing this program load records into a
>display file and I believe in order to do this
>the file would have to be opened.

Try creating a dummy device (say a *VRT) and leave it VRYONP.  Override
your display file to ACQPGMDEV(dummydsp) when you run in batch.  It should
be able to open the DSPF even though you're not actually using a physical
device.  If that doesn't work, start an actual device session but don't
sign on.  Use that device as your ACQPGMDEV.  I think this may be more of a
hassle than simply writing to a DB file for your temporary results.  It
must be an interesting story how you came to have an interactive display
program that doesn't display it's results on a terminal!

Buck Calabro
CommSoft, Albany, NY
mailto:mcalabro@commsoft.net