I used CMPPFM to compare two spooled files, and was very happy with the
results.  Have you tried using a statement file (parameter STMTTFILE() on
the CMPPFM command)?  Here's a sample:

0001.00 slist on
0002.00 cmpsect cmds btm 'Rel-Dep',58
0003.00 cmpcolm 52
0004.00 omtline '/',5
0005.00 omtline ':',5
0006.00 omtline ':',75
0007.00 omtline ':',8
0008.00 omtline 'Library',4
0009.00 omtline '---',4
0010.00 LSTCOLM 52:190

This example excludes page headings and limits the comparison to certain
columns in one section of the report.
CMPPFM (and STMTFILE) is documented in "File Compare and Merge Utility"
(SC09-1772-00).

uucp@UUCP1.MCS.NET on 12/21/98 23:14:48

Please respond to RPG400-L@midrange.com