  • Subject: Re: which obj?
  • From: Dave Mahadevan <mahadevan@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 12:35:41 -0400

Mohammad:

mohammad khan wrote:

> ---Chuck Lewis <CLEWIS@IQUEST.NET> wrote:
> >
> > Mohammad !
> >
> > All due respect buddy !!!
> >
> > BUT...
> >
> > First, try speaking with this instructor and explaining your
> frustrations. Do
> > your fellow students feel this way also ?
>
> when i took this issue up w/him (i had his basic rpg
> course the last semester) he let me know quite plainly
> that he was not interested in helping me. one reason was he said this
> was because of some low remarks i made of him on the ANONYMOUS teacher
> evaluation forms you fill out at course's end. this guy felt it
> necessary to try & humiliate me in front of the rest of the students
> during break time. he gave me letters and cards from the previous
> semester and said that so many other people enjoyed the course, yet i
> failed to. i was speechless as he reiterated his unwillingness to help.

As an instructor, I take constructive criticism positive and negative well.
You have a job to do and you strive to do it well.   Anonymous teacher
evaluation forms identity is not revealed to the instructor.  But if you hand
write it, an instructor can figure out by comparing it with written exams,
home works etc.  But there is no excuse for an instructor in refusing to help
a student no matter the negative.  On the other hand, there is nothing wrong
with being nice to the instructor either.  Anger never solves a problem but
compounds it.  Most part time instructors are paid poorly and have very
little office space & time available outside of class.   Since you and the
instructor have gotten on the wrong foot here, it would seem your best bet on
this course is to hit the books hard.  Our list mates here have tremendous
experience in dealing with dp people.  Please take their advice and follow
them.

--
Thank You.

Regards