First, Win7. Okay, I will admit that, as a System i admin, I am a rank
amateur. As a PC tech, I am even worse.

That said/admitted, my profile on the PC is an admin acct. In fact, as far
as I can see, it is the only account on my standalone (internet excepted, of
course) PC.

BUT when I try to copy my directories (aka Folders) to my USB teradrive,
frequently I will get a message that I need Admin authority.

Okay, so I right-click and say "Run As Administrator". I get the same @#$%
message.

I'm not Larry Bolhuis (but who is, thank God), but this is ticking me off.
The only option that seems to work is "Skip This, you idiot" (which I
obviously am). But I would really like to backup on hard drive to this
external drive.

Jerry C. Adams

Having a dirty mind makes ordinary conversations much more interesting.

IBM i Programmer/Analyst

--

NMM&D

615-832-2730