On 1/18/2016 5:02 PM, John Jones wrote:
1. Hang the USB drive off a PC that can be left on, share it, and use
it as the backup destination. I'm not a big fan of this as it can be
prone to issues but it doesn't cost anything.

Yeah, thought about it ... but I want something that is always available, even if the computer isn't powered on.

2. For $100 a year get an Office 365 subscription. Up to 5 PCs/Macs
(+ mobile devices) get Office and it comes with a TB of OneDrive
cloud storage, which can optionally be synced to other PCs. Bonuses:
Accessible from anywhere, files are backed up offsite, file changes
are synced in the background as they occur, smartphone pics are
synced to your PC within moments of being taken.

This is for backup purposes ... I don't want the backup sitting in a directory on the computer.

david