The local PC shop is going to convert it to a Basic disk, without losing
data. Then I will have options.

Thanks.

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 3:14 PM, Jeff Crosby <jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

All,

We have a W2003 server (physical) with a single hard drive that was set up
as a Dynamic disk. There are C: and D: partitions. This server runs a
single app and since there is only a single hard drive I have no idea why
the vendor, several years back, decided to set it up as Dynamic instead of
Basic. I don't know a lot about Dynamic disk, but if there's no RAID or
mirror or spanning or the like, then why bother.

I'm looking for a backup solution where I can periodically do a full image
backup for bare metal restore and in between times do file-level backup. I
have used Acronis for years and they tell me they have /no/ product that
will do a clone disk of a Dynamic disk. Surprised me.

Anyone know of a product you would recommend and have personal experience
with that will do the above? Most likely will be saving to a network
server.

Thanks.

--
Jeff Crosby