Hi Vern,

I tried that, at your suggestion, on both Win7 workstations and it didn't
help on either. Might be time to talk to my Windows guy.

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 6:24 AM, Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

This was discussed here recently - I had trouble with setting up mapped
drives from Win 7 64-bit and fixed it with the change Steve mentions.

To explain further, take these steps to change a local security policy -
1. In Run, type "secpol.msc" and press enter - or type this in the search
box when you click on Start
2. Click on the plus sign by "Local Policies" to open it further
3. Click on "Security Policies" to get a list in the right-hand panel
4. Find the “Network security: LAN Manager authentication level” item and
double-click it
5. Set it to “Send LM & NTLM – use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated”

Here is a link that gives an alternative if you have Win 7 Home -
http://www.groupes.polymtl.ca/gchit/?page_id=238

HTH
Vern