Hi Gary,

I already did -- see the end of my email. What I did find though is that there was a pdftk.exe in c:\windows\system32; not sure how it got there.

I got rid of that old version, and now it runs the 2.02 version, but still doesn't recognize the fill_form operation; it looks exactly the same.

I contacted Sid Steward, author of pdftk.exe, and he put me on to the version in the system folder, and suggested using the option drop_xfa, and said there's a way to save a PDF edited in Adobe Live Cycle Designer so that it will accept FDF data. He didn't say if that's why it doesn't recognize the fill_form operation; I'm still waiting for his reply on that question and the additional question of how to save a PDF from Live Cycle so it will accept FDF data.

When I have some time, I'll also try created XFDF and XDP files to merge with the PDF.

Thanks for your interest! And if you have any other ideas, please let me know - this is one of those really frustrating roadblocks.

--
*Peter Dow* /
Dow Software Services, Inc.

.