On 31 Dec 2012 19:58, Jerry C. Adams wrote:
Earlier this evening I fat-fingered my mouse and accidentally exited
Thunderbird. No big deal. Just restarted it.

Except that two instances of TBird started. Well, maybe I triple- or
quadruple-clicked. So I X-ed one of them; both instances closed.
Started it again being really, really careful not to overdo it. Got
two instances again. <<SNIP>>