From: pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of franz400
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 9:13 PM
To: PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users
Subject: Re: [PCTECH] FTP limitation

you did not indicate which version if ws-ftp, and also if any indication of limit on the "ftp server".
Anything in the ws-ftp log? Normal ending? Your ftp server should have a log as well.
Any possibility the file has some sort of terminating character at that point in the file?

Some notes on a older ws-ftp install doc Both WS_FTP Server Web Transfer Module and Internet Information Services
(IIS) have limits on the size of file that can be uploaded. When a user tries to upload a file that is larger than the Web Transfer Client's maximum upload size, the Web Transfer Client displays an error message at the top of the main page (Transfer.aspx).
If the upload exceeds the IIS maximum upload size, the browser displays a page error and does not return to the Web Transfer Client page.
Though we cannot change the browser behavior, both of these upload values can be set in the web.config file (C:\Program Files\Ipswitch\WebClients\ThinClient\Web.config).
Web Transfer Client maximum upload size is set in the <appSettings> section:
<add key="MaxUploadSize" value="50"/>
The value is in MB, so the maximum upload size for the Web Transfer Client is 50 MB.
IIS maximum upload size is set in the <httpRuntime> section:
<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="2097151"/> The value is in KB, so the maximum upload size is 1 GB.
The IIS limit can also be set in other locations, namely machine.config, and IIS metabase, though we recommend using the web.config settings.
hth
jim franz