ISP was down yesterday so sorry for the delay in responding.

Everyone, everything is behind a Sonicwall hardware firewall

Tom, all four measures have been implemented. The log shows between 1000
and 2000 a week so I also agree that it doesn't rise to DOS and
shouldn't be able to crash the server. Also, this is a front end type of
system. If it had SBS it would be running mostly RWW as well as some of
the other minor maintenance work. All the real work servers (and
especially the AD) are yet another hop within the local side.

I've got several other customers with SBS (and behind firewalls) showing
similar attempts and are not having any crashes, so I still argue with
the admin that it must be SQL eating memory instead. I really wish MS
would create a cheap standalone RWW module that could be used on a
standard server.

Ken, the attempts (probably bots) are coming from all over the globe
including Canada and some US states (Illinois, Wisconsin, Florida...)
Over about a week there have been about two dozen unique IPs logged. I
have blocked them (all ports discarded) and in the case of overseas,
large (#.#.255.255, not country wide) blocks that they are in. I know
that this is only a minor cat and mouse response adding a handful of IPs
a week but it has slowed them down. Legitimate access could come
from most of the US, such as I will be in Anaheim for Common...

Roger Vicker, CCP

On 1/10/2012 3:29 PM, Ken Sims arranged the binary bits such that:
Hi Roger -

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 14:10:47 -0600, "Roger Vicker, CCP"