That's fine Joe, but show me an Android model that is like an iPod
Touch. That is what this OP was about.

--
Mike Wills
http://mikewills.me

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 10:34 PM, Joe Pluta <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You do realize there's no one "Android interface", right?  There is a
base UI for each release of the OS (we're now up to 4.0, including four
major releases since 2010 alone) and then typically each manufacturer
puts their own little spin on it.  On top of that, there's a booming
aftermarket for custom UIs (some of which are in a word awesome),
although that entails that you get under the hood a little bit.  A
couple of good articles:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/05/01/custom-roms-for-android-explained-and-why-you-want-them/
http://www.redmondpie.com/best-most-popular-custom-roms-for-android-and-why-you-should-try-them-out/

Yeah, I'm a little biased, since I program Android and write articles
about it.  But I like the fact that ANY programmer can get started on
Android with a couple of downloads and a little friendly guidance - no
Mac needed.  :)

Oh, the guidance?  Why, right here:

http://www.ibmsystemsmag.com/ibmi/developer/general/andoid_development/
http://www.ibmsystemsmag.com/ibmi/developer/general/andoid_development2/

Those two will get you installed and get you to write a business-level
hello world program (a list of orders).  Two more coming out shortly:
one to create an expandable subfile UI that will make phone calls and do
emails, and the other to link to an RPG program on the back end.

I tried to do that for iPhone (iPad actually), I really did.  But I
couldn't get past "first you need to get an Intel-based Mac and once you
do that then you get to pay us an annual fee for the privilege of
running your own app on your own device".

Joe