On Nov 28, 2011, at 10:52 AM, pctech-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

My daughter is willing to give up her Blackberry, which we bought used and
has a crappy mike (making us cautious of internet purchases of used
equipment). We will replace that with a cell phone that basically has
calls and good texting capabilities. Dropping that data plan should pay
for the ipod in no less than 5 months.

Don't know how much you are currently paying Rob but we just picked up a pay-as-you-go Virgin mobile Samsung Android phone for $80 (Best Buy) which included the first month of service. After that it is $35 per month. That $35 plan gives unlimited texting and data plus some 2 or 300 prime time minutes. Since it can use the Skype app as long as you're in range of wi-fi you can use Skype for your calls and save the minutes. It also has the GPS and other features that the iPod touch is missing.

I do confess though that compared with the iPhone/iPad interface I do find the Android interface much harder to use.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com