Bill,

Thanks for the links. Already tried the backup which should have
truncated the log but it still wouldn't shrink. System had been rebooted
several times as well as taking the DB offline which should have
committed or rolled back outstanding transactions.

We had to get the current application going so the users could get back
to work, so left the "archive" DB offline and after copying the log file
to an external hard drive we deleted it. If we really have to we may
play with the file again. Either by pointing SQL to the log file on the
bigger external hard drive or seeing if the system can create an empty
log file without corrupting the data.

Roger Vicker, CCP

On 8/1/2011 1:38 PM, Bill arranged the binary bits such that: