From: pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Evan Harris
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 5:14 PM
To: PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users
Subject: Re: [PCTECH] Mapping a Network Drive (iSeries Folder)

Hi Jerry

did you actually start Netserver ? STRHOSTSVR *NETSVR or started via
Ops navigator ?

You should be able to see a job QZLSSERVER in subsystem QSERVER if it
is active. There is also a job QZLSFILE that is the file share job
which may shed some light if there is anything going on at the iSeries
end of things.

The following tools might help you a bit as well, at least at the iSeries
end:
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/software/netserver/qusrtool.html

By mapping a drive to the system I mean using \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\ and
seeing what folders game up mapped.

The QIBM once is mapped by default so you can try connecting to that -
it might tell you whether the problem is with Netserver or the share
you defined.

Also do a change user profile on the profile you are trying to connect
with in case the netserver connection has been disabled. You just need
to issue CHGUSRPRF without actually changing anything.